Tags: Inventory, Receiving, Setup, Training
Receiving has 3 main sections to it:
1. Receiving By Purchase Order – The most commonly used type of receiving, as it most closelymatches the real world.
2. Receiving By Order – Used primarily for Contract orders, but can be used for any order type.
3. Inventory Receiving – Specifically used when receiving items that will go into your inventory.
Receiving by Purchase Order
Receiving by Sales Order
Processing Inventory Transactions
1. What type of receiving will you mostly do for your company?
2. What procedures will you need to implement in Receiving?
3. Who will mark items as received in the system?